JNTUH College Of Engineering Manthani was established in 2010 and the Civil Engineering Department is part of the college since its inception. Civil engineering is the one of the oldest courses of the engineering. Before the middle of the 18th century, large-scale construction work was usually placed in the hands of military engineers. Military engineering involved such work as the preparation of topographical maps, the location, design, and construction of roads and bridges; and the building of forts and docks. In the 18th century, however, the term civil engineering came into use to describe engineering work that was performed by civilians for nonmilitary purposes. Present day Civil engineering focuses on the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc. Among the important subdivisions of the field are construction engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, irrigation engineering, transportation engineering, soils and foundation engineering, geodetic engineering, hydraulic engineering, and coastal and ocean engineering. Civil engineers build the world’s infrastructure. In doing so, they quietly shape up the history of nations around the world. Most people cannot imagine life without the many contributions of civil engineers to the public’s health, safety and standard of living. Only by exploring civil engineering influence in shaping the world we know today, can we creatively envision the progress of our tomorrows. With this better understanding, the Civil Engineering Department of the JNTUH College of Engineering Manthani aimed giving holistic education to the students. The department also stands unique by achieving the highest results/ranks in the Jawharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad.
The department is currently offering 4 years B.Tech program in Civil Engineering.
To impart knowledge and execellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To produce civil engineers of high calibre with technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To make the department a centre of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
- To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- To develop strong linkage with relevant industries, institutes of higher learning and reputed research organizations.
Why Join in Civil Engineering at JNTUH College of Engineering MANTHANI?
- Well recognised academic program and qualified faculty.
- Well equipped laboratory facility
- Good interaction with the local industry such as Singareni Colleries Company Limited, NTPC and Governemnt Engineering Departments
- Peaceful and friendly campus life
- Availability of Hostel facility for both boys and girls within the campus
- Availability of Dispensary with required medical facility within the campus
- Availability of Nice play ground with resources
- Summer Internship facility
Professional Bodies & Voluntary Organization
- National Service Scheme (NSS).
- Institution of Engineers India (IEI) Ramagundam
- ISTE student chapter